Outstanding sports facilities provide St Mary's College with a fantastic opportunity to develop a world class Physical Education, School Sport, Health & Well-Being programme for our students.
A significant investment through the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) of additional sports facilities highlights St Mary's College's commitment to the further development of Physical Education, School Sport, Health and Well-Being. Almost £2.5 million was invested in a new specialist Sports Hall for trampolining and table tennis, 4G artificial pitch and 8 tennis court multi-use games area (MUGA).
St Mary's College sports facilities
- 4G Artificial Pitch with floodlights
- 8 Tennis Court/Six Netball Court MUGA
- Golf driving nets and putting/chipping green
- Old Sports Hall incorporating 4 badminton courts, cricket nets, one basketball, netball and volleyball court.
New Sports Hall facilities
- Specialist trampolining facilities including rigging
- Capacity for competition set up twelve table tennis tables
- Three badminton courts and three small sized basketball courts.
- Two "Premier League" style changing rooms with Apple TV and IWB
- Three specialist PE classrooms
- Viewing Gallery
Incorporating a rugby pitch, a combination football/rugby pitch, a medium sized football pitch, a 9 v 9 football pitch and a "prestige" full size football pitch.
The Academy is a state-of-the-art Sports & Performance venue which is situated on site at St Mary’s College, Cranbrook Avenue, Hull.
We offer monthly membership for £12 (cash payment) or £10 (standing order) or pay-as-you-train facilities for £4 per session Monday- Friday or £2 at the weekend in our Fitness Suite. These are very competitive rates with no compulsory tie-in. Our instructors will be more than happy to develop a fitness programme and update this as necessary at no extra cost to our monthly members.
Opening times presently are:
- Monday - Friday 5pm - 9pm
- Saturday & Sunday 9am – 3pm
*We restrict the use of the Academy to the General Public during the school term time hours - i.e. 9:15am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
There are a number of considerations in place currently due to COVID restrictions:
- Face coverings must be worn when entering and leaving the facilities
- Gym users must wipe down equipment before and after use
- You must keep a safe distance between one another
- Wash and sanitise your hands regularly
- Showers and changing areas remain closed
We open throughout the day during school holidays. Closed Bank Holidays.
All our facilities are available to hire by the hour with reduced rates applicable for prepaid block bookings, but daytime - term time restrictions apply.
The Academy's facilities
- Sports hall with 4 badminton courts, cricket nets, indoor archery rigging, one basketball and netball court
- Dance Studio- air conditioned, with mirrored wall, barre and sprung floor
- Fitness Studio fully equipped with hi-spec air Technogym equipment and air conditioning
- Six changing rooms with Apple TV and Wifi connection
Call the Academy reception direct on 01482 808888 for further details.