Outstanding sports facilities provide St Mary's College with a fantastic opportunity to develop a world class Physical Education, School Sport, Health & Well-Being programme for our students.
A significant investment through the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) of additional sports facilities highlights St Mary's College's commitment to the further development of Physical Education, School Sport, Health and Well-Being. Almost £2.5 million was invested in a new specialist Sports Hall for trampolining and table tennis, 4G artificial pitch and 8 tennis court multi-use games area (MUGA).
St Mary's College sports facilities
- 4G Artificial Pitch with floodlights
- 8 Tennis Court/Six Netball Court MUGA
- Golf driving nets and putting/chipping green
- Old Sports Hall incorporating 4 badminton courts, cricket nets, one basketball, netball and volleyball court.
New Sports Hall facilities
- Specialist trampolining facilities including rigging
- Capacity for competition set up twelve table tennis tables
- Three badminton courts and three small sized basketball courts.
- Two "Premier League" style changing rooms with Apple TV and IWB
- Three specialist PE classrooms
- Viewing Gallery
Incorporating a rugby pitch, a combination football/rugby pitch, a medium sized football pitch, a 9 v 9 football pitch and a "prestige" full size football pitch.
The Academy is a state-of-the-art Sports & Performance venue which is situated on site at St Mary’s College, Cranbrook Avenue, Hull.
We offer monthly membership for £12 (cash payment) or £10 (standing order) or pay-as-you-train facilities for £4 per session Monday- Friday or £2 at the weekend in our Fitness Suite. These are very competitive rates with no compulsory tie-in. Our instructors will be more than happy to develop a fitness programme and update this as necessary at no extra cost to our monthly members.
We also offer 11-15 year olds the opportunity to use our fitness suite every weekday between 4pm and 5pm and Saturdays between 1pm and 2pm as a ‘Team Fit’ member. This is £2 per session or £10 monthly card.
We hold various fitness classes, which are included in the monthly membership.
We have a variety of vending machines selling snacks and drinks.
Monday - Thursday 8am – 9pm*
Friday 8am – 8pm*
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Sunday 10am - 3pm
*We restrict the use of the Academy to the General Public during the school term time hours - i.e. 9:15am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
We open throughout the day during school holidays. Closed Bank Holidays.
All our facilities are available to hire by the hour with reduced rates applicable for prepaid block bookings, but daytime - term time restrictions apply.
The Academy's facilities
- Sports hall with 4 badminton courts, cricket nets, indoor archery rigging, one basketball and netball court
- Dance Studio- air conditioned, with mirrored wall, barre and sprung floor
- Fitness Studio fully equipped with hi-spec air Technogym equipment and air conditioning
- Six changing rooms with Apple TV and Wifi connection
Monday 7 – 8pm - 20/20 Workout
Tuesday 6:45 – 7:45pm – Circuit
Thursday 6:30 – 7:30pm – Core Fitness
(These classes are free to monthly members)
We offer membership to Partnership Staff at reduced rates to all staff employed in schools in the St Mary’s School Sport Partnership including St Mary’s itself.
- Team Fit runs every day at 4pm ‘til 5pm and is £1.70 per session or £10 monthly open to all aged 11-15 years.
- Trampoline club on Fridays open to all students from 5 – 6 pm @ £3.00 per session.
Call the Academy reception direct on 01482 808888 for further details.