Moving from primary to secondary school is an exciting and significant event in the life of your child.
Head of Transition: Miss A Ramsden
Inevitably, most children have some worries about starting secondary school - some of these are social worries and some are to do with the organisational demands that they know will be placed upon them. However, most of the worries children have about starting secondary school diminish quickly in the first half term as students get used to the new routines and expectations.
Tel: 01482 851136
St Mary’s College, Cranbrook Avenue, Hull, HU6 7TN
Transition Newsletters, Magazines and Information documents
COMING SOON !
Watch this space for our information newsletters and magazines about the 2021 Transition process.
Transition 2021 communications
You will find all the key information documents and letters sent home for your child's 2021 September school start here !
Health & Well-being information:
There is a lot information which will help you look after your well-being. The links below are a starting point and are useful to explore:
- Barnardos Year 6 Transition Booklet
- CAMHS Information
- Kooth - online mental well-being community
- Your Mind Plan | Every Mind Matters | One You
- YoungMinds - children and young people's mental health charity
- Shout 85258 - free, 24/7 mental health text support in the UK
- Mind - the charity for help with mental health problems
- NSPCC - children's mental health
If you are interested in a physical resource to help keep you mindful, the ‘Five minutes in the morning’ journal is a must have !