SMC Sport -October 2020 Newsletter
16th October 2020
Everyone is missing our extra-curricular and school sport offer but plans in place for it to return, when safe to do so, within DfE (Department for Education) and AfPE (Association for Physical Education) guidelines.
In the interim, we are offering all students the chance to take part in the Hull Active Schools Virtual Challenges which take place every half term.
There are five virtual challenges for students and their families to get involved in:
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY CHALLENGE- Run/Walk/Cycle The Hull Marathon in as many stages as you wish- can be part of active travel to school
- SKILL CHALLENGE- Football Challenge- “Through the Gate”
- INCLUSION CHALLENGE- “Boccia Challenge”
- CULTURAL COMPETITION-PHOTOGRAPHY
- SCHOOL GAMES VALUES COMPETITION-DETERMINATION
Information regarding how to undertake each challenge and how to submit results can be found within the newsletter and attachments.
Please e-mail your results and entries to our new dedicated e-mail address SMCSport@smchull.org
Please note that all these competitions and challenges are citywide and students will be competing virtually. Results will be posted on the Hull Active Schools website www.hullactiveschools.org as well as via our own social media channel on Twitter SMCSport@smc_sport.
St Mary’s College-Director of Sport
Hull Active Schools Secondary and Inclusion Partnership Development Manager and SGO