Course leader: Mrs MacKinnon
Aims of the course
- ECDL Extra builds on a learner’s basic knowledge and experience to improve their understanding of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software. ECDL Extra is accredited on both the QCF (England and Wales) and SCQF (Scotland) framework.
- The ECDL Extra course is an internationally recognised qualification that proves to employers that you have the necessary skills to be a valuable member of an organisation.
What are lessons like?
- Lesson are taught in ICT bespoke rooms, with teacher led sessions for the first part, followed by independent student investigation. Students are provided with e-learning material that they can study both at college and at home.
Presentation Software - Exam
- Show the learner how to produce high-quality presentations using a variety of tools including charts, graphs and drawn objects.
Word processing - Exam
- Develops the learner's ability to create word-processed documents: entering text, editing and formatting work. using graphs. tables and pictures for a professional finish, and effectively using tools such as spell-checker and mail merge.
Spreadsheet Software - Exam
- Helps the learner develop a working knowledge of spreadsheet from entering data and formatting worksheets, to creating charts and producing high-quality documents.
Improving Productivity using IT - Exam
- Enables the learner to work more effectively with IT. This unit looks at using tool to save time and effort when producing word processed documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
Where can this course lead to?
This qualification can lead to employment in organisations that require proof of competency in IT; it can also lead to further study within the subject area.
Why choose to study ECDL at St Mary’s?
During this course you will be able to:
Work independently using up-to-date IT software
Access support from fully trained subject staff
Work at your own pace through a challenging but rewarding specification