The Vantage Teaching School Hub
St Mary’s College in Hull has been selected by the Department for Education one of 87 Teaching School Hubs nationally. The Hub will work with regional partners to provide school leadership and teacher training as part of the Government's recruitment and retention strategy.
The Vantage Teaching School Hub will lead the provision of high-quality professional development to teachers and leaders at all stages of their career and play a key role in helping to support early careers teachers as they enter the workforce.
The teaching workforce will receive best-practice evidence informed professional development so schools are well placed to raise outcomes for all pupils.
The teaching school hubs programme is being rolled out across the country, with 87 hubs selected by the Department for Education covering regional areas. The Vantage Teaching School Hub covers the Hull and East Riding local authorities.
Core activities of the programme we will deliver are:
- Delivery of the Early Career Framework (ECF)
- Delivery of National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
- Delivery of Initial teacher training (ITT)
- Providing Appropriate Body (AB) services for Early Career Teachers
- Other Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Other activities on behalf of the DfE that may be specified individually or across the network, in consultation with the teaching school hubs and the Teaching School Council
During the set-up phase of the bespoke Vantage Teaching School Hub website we will share details of events and useful resources here.
If you require any further information regarding the Vantage Teaching School Hub and how we can work in partnership with your school or Trust, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Marc Cooper
Director, Vantage Teaching School Hub
For School Direct Teacher Training enquiries please contact
Appropriate Body Services:
- AB Services Leaflet VTSH June2021
- Appropriate Bodies Guidance: Induction & the Early Career Framework
- Statutory Induction Guidance 2021
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
Read more about the full suite of NPQs here:
- NPQ Headship
- NPQ Executive Leadership
- NPQ Senior Leadership
- NPQ Leading Teacher Development
- NPQ Leading Behaviour & Culture
- NPQ Leading Teaching
Opportunities with the Teaching School Hub:
ECF – all participants on the programme are eligible for free Membership to the Charter College of Teaching, further details can be found here: https://members.chartered.college/group/teach-first-ecf-nqts
details of upcoming events will be posted here