School staff and volunteers are particularly well placed to observe outward changes in behaviour, signs of abuse and failure to develop because they have daily contact with children and young people.
In delivering our Safeguarding duties we will provide a caring, safe environment which promotes the development of the whole child, we will work to identify concerns at an early stage to help prevent them escalating and will work with parents and carers to protect the welfare of all children and young people. We always act in the best interests of the child.
Designated Lead for Child Protection
Miss Angela Booth: Assistant Headteacher
- Ensures child protection procedures are in place and updated as appropriate
- Ensures all staff are aware of the school policy and procedures
- Is available to provide advice/support to staff, parents and carers and for confidential discussions about concerns
- Is available to provide support to pupil
- Is responsible for co-ordinating arrangements for monitoring of pupils on roll who have been identified as being in need of protection
Out of Hours emergency contacts
- Early Help & Safeguarding Hub: (01482) 448879
- Out of Hours immediate help team: (01482) 300304
- Child in immediate danger: 999
- Police non-emergency: 101
Other useful numbers for information:
(professional counsellors available 24/7 for help & advice)